How Many CBD Gummies Should I Eat Daily?
Most people are looking for a straightforward answer to the question ‘how many CBD gummies should I eat?’. However, it’s not always straight forward and there are a range of factors that come into play from your body weight to your condition. Read on to find out how many CBD gummies you should eat.
Your Body Weight
Everyone is aware of the term ‘lightweight’ when it comes to drinking culture. It’s a person who doesn’t need as many drinks as others to get drunk. This term is also applied to health supplements as some people’s bodies don’t need as high of a dose as others to feel the effects. Weight is an important indicator to whether you’re classed as a ‘lightweight’ or otherwise, as the smaller your weight, the less dosage you should need to take (although this differs for everyone. We recommend using your bodyweight as a starting point to determine how many CBD gummies you should eat, and then increase from there:
- Under 130 lbs – 11mg or less
- 130 lbs to 230 lbs – 18mg or less
Over 230 lbs – 23mg or less
Your metabolism is the chemical reactions in your body that change food and supplements to energy. It can be determined on your lifestyle from how active you are to what food you consume. Your metabolism plays an important role in establishing the right dosage for CBD gummies because it affects the rate at which your body processes it along with other cannabis compounds. You can speed up the onset of effects by taking your CBD gummies on an empty stomach or for slower acting affects, take the gummies after a meal.
To answer the question ‘how many CBD gummies should I eat in a day?’, you should take into consideration the reason you’re taking CBD in the first place, as different physical or psychological conditions may benefit from more or less CBD. Below we’ve outlined the starting dosage for common conditions:
- Anxiety – 15 to 30mg should be enough to ease the stresses and discomforts of everyday life
- Pain or inflammation – Depending on the level of discomfort, you may need as little as 5mg or as much as 50mg for pain stemming from exercise induced inflammation or discomfort. For other chronic pain conditions, more may be required. We recommend starting with 5mg and working your way up to the desired dosage. Those with extreme cases may need up to 600mg, but most won’t come near this.
- Insomnia or trouble sleeping – 10 to 15mg of CBD gummies may be enough to activate your CBD receptors whilst you sleep helping you get a restful night.
General wellbeing support – 5 to 15mg of CBD gummies should be a good dosage for those looking for a subtle boost in general health and wellbeing.
When looking for answers to the question ‘how many CBD gummies should I eat in a day?’, it’s important to understand that CBD gummies come in a range of potencies and can have higher mg of CBD per gummy, and the strength of how it affects one person may not be how it affects another. For example, if your body weight is below 130 lbs, you may feel strong effects from 12-14mg of CBD. Whereas someone who’s body weight is over 230 lbs may feel the strong effects with 24-30mg of CBD. As always, we recommend starting with a low potency and working your way up to more potent gummies.